I want to get the tumblr count on this.
Reblog if you’re pro-choice.
Like if you’re pro-life.
I’m pro-choice, which means I’m pro-life. Anti-choice is anti-life, considering that WHEN ABORTION IS ILLEGAL, MORE PEOPLE DIE. This is a scientifically and historically proven fact; it is not opinion, hyperbole, or sensationalism. And by “people” I mean FETUSES, INFANTS, AND ADULTS.
PRO-CHOICE IS PRO-LIFE. Anti-choice is a bullshit meme bought and paid for by politicians who are using religion and a twisted sense of morality to unify voters in hate, to vote themselves into more power, privilege, and money. The truly sad thing is that the people who buy into anti-choice are the ones who end up being hurt—and sometimes killed—by it.
Also, it’s a proven fact that the best way to raise the standard of living in any state, any country, any area of the world, is to give people with uteri control over their reproductive health. From contraception to safe, readily available abortion, once people have these options, poverty and crime diminish, the mean education level rises, wage levels rise, quality of living standards rise, and of course, pregnancy-related injury, disease, and death, all diminish. If you truly care about quality of human life, rather than just quantity - and our planet does not need higher quantity, we’re screwed as it is - then you must be pro-choice. Anti-choice ideology is inherently violent toward bodily autonomy and toward the personhood of anyone with a uterus, it is implicitly racist as well as a form of class warfare, as anti-abortion laws have a much greater effect on poor people and POC, demographics which, as I have pointed out previously, have a heavy intersection.
The truth is, if abortion is made illegal, wealthy people, who are disproportionately white, will continue to get abortions because they have the resources to break the rules and a tendency to think the rules don’t apply to them, while poor POC will continue to be arrested, die, or be permanently injured due to their desperate attempts to control their reproduction despite the laws.
If you believe abortion is immoral, don’t have one. But do not presume to tell me what to do with my uterus. Your religious standards aren’t mine. Your God isn’t mine. And my uterus isn’t yours.
All of this!
Some additional facts:
- It is possible to be opposed to abortion at a personal, moral level and still be pro-choice.
- Pro-choice means that you believe whether or not to have an abortion is the decision of the bearer of the uterus alone, and that you support accessibility of all people to abortion and other forms of contraception, regardless of how you personally feel about having an abortion.
- Pro-choice does not necessarily mean pro-abortion. It does not mean you believe everyone should get one. It means you believe everyone should be able to get one if they want to have one.
- Any pro-choicer worth their salt will be supportive of someone else’s choice about their own uterus, regardless of whether not they decide to have an abortion.
ALL OF THIS.
- jazzigurl714 likes this
- equalityishumanity reblogged this from soupisnotameal
- soupisnotameal reblogged this from elysethegorgon
- elysethegorgon reblogged this from myjourneymythoughts
- ashleelisbeth reblogged this from sonneillonv
- icecheetah reblogged this from extoria
- e-nternight likes this
- of-mephisto reblogged this from theregeneratinggeneration
- praisemefornow reblogged this from extoria
- extoria reblogged this from aquavitaecollective and added:
- northernlightsswimmer reblogged this from raw-magnetism
- raw-magnetism reblogged this from october-eightyeight
- lookingforgrandermaybes likes this
- significant--figures reblogged this from zorascreation
- inbetweengreens reblogged this from kaitlinlovesfinnick
- be-aced reblogged this from elianasmomma
- elianasmomma reblogged this from revolutionaryrainbows
- revolutionaryrainbows reblogged this from raynestruth
- cxrogue reblogged this from blackintellectunrefined
- tmacmillz reblogged this from mamaolympias
- lavender-vetyver-bergamot likes this
- shejustknew reblogged this from embers-fade
- hailhorrorhail likes this
- kiradical reblogged this from butt-punx
- heathabeans likes this
- if-it-makes-you-less-sad reblogged this from katoxstar
- notvalidanylonger reblogged this from justalonelyelectraheartt
- katoxstar reblogged this from myworldaswoe
- aberrationality likes this
- m-yley likes this
- dreamdecays reblogged this from embers-fade
- terramirabili likes this
- embers-fade reblogged this from meowalways
- meowalways reblogged this from strawbre
- ragingbabysyndrome reblogged this from butt-punx
- sarcasticwarrior reblogged this from charli3b3tt
- beautyswhereyoufindit reblogged this from butt-punx
- jpkitty reblogged this from butt-punx
- justalonelyelectraheartt reblogged this from butt-punx
- charli3b3tt reblogged this from thesacredcircle
- scairdycat reblogged this from jadelyn
- sugarmess reblogged this from taigamountain
- serenamoon reblogged this from stumbledbeforethestart
- glass-doves reblogged this from boner-iver
- cultivate-it reblogged this from boner-iver
- taigamountain reblogged this from boner-iver
- anotherwendybird reblogged this from satchelofphaginas
- asturdivant reblogged this from thinkspeakstress